- Drive new business opportunities from prospecting through closing, while consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Support Transect initiatives by executing role SLAs, maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, customer interactions, pipelines and forecasts in Transect’s CRM
- Participate in cross-organizational meetings and initiatives to continuously improve and grow the organization
What is the opportunity?
- Act as a key player on our energetic, high performing, collaborative team of individuals who genuinely enjoy working together
- Immerse yourself in a fast-growing startup with proven product-market fit in the renewable energy space
- Earn a competitive salary with the potential for significant total comp through commissions and accelerators
Must have experiences:
- 3+ years as an account executive in B2B SaaS sales
- 1+ year outbound prospecting experience (BDR or SDR role)
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals in a remote environment
- Understanding of modern sales processes, best practices and frameworks
- Experience in a mid-market sales motion
- Demonstration of a strong work ethic, persistence, coachability and adaptability
Nice to have experiences:
- Moderate to advanced familiarity with Hubspot, ZoomInfo, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Startup experience in either Seed or Series A companies
- Selling to utilities, energy developers, consultants and/or governments
- Knowledge of renewable energy industry basics and/or development processes
What you'll do:
- Identify, pursue and qualify new business prospects
- Present a compelling business case and deliver effective demos aligned with customer pain points, needs and initiatives
- Creatively negotiate contracts and close sales
- Forecast and execute on monthly sales targets
- Participate in industry conferences and events
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are invited to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who we are:
A “values first”, inclusive team of self-starting, mission-driven individuals.
Accountable, agile, and results-focused as we continue to scale with speed.
Scrappy, problem-solving big thinkers!
Our mission is to balance the conservation of the natural world with the needs of the built world.
Transect’s software helps land developers to find, select, and assess their ideal project site.
Our deepest expertise is environmental and landscape constraints, it’s our secret sauce and it underpins our differentiation. The Transect data and interface help our customers to navigate the complex matrix of regulations and permits to get their ideal plot of land with the lowest risks. Today we’re focused on the renewables industry during its accelerated growth, and our solution has applications in all industries that buy and build on plots of land.
The company’s technology combines public and proprietary datasets, industry expertise, proprietary algorithms, and site-specific context, to accurately define timeline, cost, and footprint implications of permits and regulations. The permits are designed to protect endangered species, wetlands, aquifers, sensitive areas, and more, impacts of which can create years of delay and millions of dollars of mitigation cost to the businesses doing the construction. We help our customers understand how to avoid and minimize the impacts of these kinds of resources, showing them that what is good for the environment is almost always also good for business. Our typical customer uses our software to consider over 100 sites per year.
Our team has over 50 years of experience managing environmental compliance and permitting underpinning our differentiation.
Other facts about the business
Founded in 2016, HQ, San Antonio and Austin, TX
Founders & Executives:
Robin Laine Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Peter Taylor Chief Operating Officer
Caitlyn McCrimmon VP Sales
Matt Carter VP Engineering
Stage: A round funded
Thriving remote culture
100% Paid Employee Health Benefits