Marketing Intern: Part Time
Start Timeline: January 2024
This role will be responsible for assisting the marketing department in creating content to grow and engage the Transect audience. The marketing intern will aid in the writing, design, and execution of blogs, social media posts, and other necessary materials. This role has the ability to cross-train in content, events, and project management software. This individual will report to the content marketing coordinator.
What is the opportunity?
- Support marketing for a growing, well-funded, Series A-round business in renewable energy
- Be part of a performance-oriented, growth-mindset marketing group
- Join a culture that appreciates the value of family life alongside work
- Receive $20/ hour while gaining marketing experience and class credit if applicable
What you’ll do:
- Write, review, and weekly posts on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Research trending topics in the renewable energy space to inform our content strategy
- Write, edit, and/or optimize one piece of long-form content each week
- Receive training in SEO software such as Clearscope and Ahrefs to optimize content
- Optimize and refresh existing content, especially through our website transition
- Various marketing activities using MarTech, such as Hubspot
- Attend 2-3 weekly stand-ups with the content marketing coordinator and/ or other marketing team members
Must have experience:
- Ability to manage workload and project timelines- with guidance
- Fluent in English
- Strong writing and communication skills
Nice to have experience:
- Experience working as part of a team
- Time management skills
- Experience using Canva
- Interest in learning SEO basics and content creation strategies
Who we are:
- A “values first”, inclusive, team of self-starting, mission-driven individuals
- Accountable, agile, and results-focused as we continue to scale with speed
- Scrappy, problem-solving big thinkers
Transect’s software helps land developers to find, select, and assess their ideal project site.
Our deepest expertise is environmental and landscape constraints, it’s our secret sauce and it underpins our differentiation. The Transect data and interface help our customers to navigate the complex matrix of regulations and permits to get their ideal plot of land with the lowest risks. Today we’re focused on the renewables industry during its accelerated growth, and our solution has applications in all industries that buy and build on plots of land.
The company’s technology combines public and proprietary datasets, industry expertise, proprietary algorithms, and site-specific context, to accurately define timeline, cost, and footprint implications of permits and regulations. The permits are designed to protect endangered species, wetlands, aquifers, sensitive areas, and more, impacts of which can create years of delay and millions of dollars of mitigation cost to the businesses doing the construction. We help our customers understand how to avoid and minimize the impacts of these kinds of resources, showing them that what is good for the environment is almost always also good for business. Our typical customer uses our software to consider over 100 sites per year.
Our team has over 50 years of experience managing environmental compliance and permitting, underpinning our differentiation.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are invited to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.