Staff Accountant, Part Time
Staff Accountant, Part Time
- Responsible for the daily transactional activity for the Finance team including, recording cash, client invoicing, collections and entering accounts payable
- Record daily cash transactions within QuickBooks Online
- Create and send customer invoices per contract terms. Assist with occasional customer questions and work with Customer Success and Sales teams to clarify contract terms when needed.
- Track and follow up on customer collections
- Enter and code payables bills and credit card transactions. Route and review transactions for appropriate approvals.
- Responsible for monthly sales tax remittance
- Assist with payroll tax and business license registration in new states as needed
- Ownership of the accuracy of financial transactional activity in the financial systems
- Estimation of 20-25 hrs per week, with some fluctuation based on close cycle
What is the opportunity?
- Work with an energetic, high-performing, collaborative team of individuals who genuinely enjoy working together
- Be part of a fast-growing startup with proven product-market fit in the renewable energy space
- Opportunity to participate in special projects and expand your skill set
Must have experiences:
- 3+ years in an accounting-focused role handling cash, A/R and A/P transactions
- Familiarity with Chart of Accounts and transactional coding
- Responsibility for initiating and sending client invoices, preferably in a subscription sales model
- Successful interaction with customers and/or vendors in a professional setting
- Experience in reviewing sales quotes to translate to customer invoicing
- History of successfully operating in an environment that requires high organizational skills
- Ability to establish methods for self-checking work for accuracy
- Demonstration of a strong work ethic, persistence, coachability and adaptability
Nice to have experiences:
- Prior work at a SaaS or technology services company in a startup environment
- Familiarity with Hubspot or similar CRM system
- Completed or currently working towards a degree in accounting or related field
- Exposure to financial systems including bill.com, Divvy, Chargify, Stripe
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are invited to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who we are:
A “values first”, inclusive team of self-starting, mission-driven individuals.
Accountable, agile, and results-focused as we continue to scale with speed.
Scrappy, problem-solving big thinkers!
Our mission is to balance the conservation of the natural world with the needs of the built world.
Transect’s software helps land developers to find, select, and assess their ideal project site.
Our deepest expertise is environmental and landscape constraints, it’s our secret sauce and it underpins our differentiation. The Transect data and interface help our customers to navigate the complex matrix of regulations and permits to get their ideal plot of land with the lowest risks. Today we’re focused on the renewables industry during its accelerated growth, and our solution has applications in all industries that buy and build on plots of land.
The company’s technology combines public and proprietary datasets, industry expertise, proprietary algorithms, and site-specific context, to accurately define timeline, cost, and footprint implications of permits and regulations. The permits are designed to protect endangered species, wetlands, aquifers, sensitive areas, and more, impacts of which can create years of delay and millions of dollars of mitigation cost to the businesses doing the construction. We help our customers understand how to avoid and minimize the impacts of these kinds of resources, showing them that what is good for the environment is almost always also good for business. Our typical customer uses our software to consider over 100 sites per year.
Our team has over 50 years of experience managing environmental compliance and permitting underpinning our differentiation.